Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slip covers ....something old ....something new.....

Well I finally got around to doing something that has taken me a couple of years to get motivated.  The lines on these footstools were so lovely I could not resist the purchase but I hated the gold velvet color.  





I thought about painting them with fabric paint but for some reason that just was not a good fit for us and our household.  Then about upholstering them but that still left me with the WHAT IF...  WHAT IF I SPILL SOMETHING ON THEM.... so I decided slipcovers were the way to go. 


 
These were pretty simple to make.  I just reverse pinned the top and then sewed ruffles from the bottoms of old linen curtains I had around the house.  

Slipcovers are the way to go in this household-I can wash them if they get dirty-(which they will with this crew).  

So what do you think gold or white?  I like the white of course.

If you need additional information here is a link to Dear Lillie with details how to make a slip cover.

http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-we-made-our-slipcover-for-our.html

No comments:

Post a Comment