Sunday, March 10, 2013

Antique Glass Door Knob Curtain Tie Back DIY


This is an elegant detail that is simple to do but costly if you don't come across a great deal on antique glass door knobs at a trade market.

My husband did these through out our house. We opted for a longer stem piece to stand out from the wall because I have layers of window treatments such wood blinds, then sheers and finally insulated satin curtains. We live in the Panhandle of Texas and it gets dusty and windy so these layers help me from having to dust all the time.

Here is what you will need
Glass door knob
Super glue
All thread (measure inside doorknob for thickness)
Copper or brass tubing
1 washer
Door knob cover with screws

First take apart the glass door knob. Insert the all thread (cut to you length preference). It should screw right in. Then place the cut brass or copper tubing over the all thread. Next place the door knob cover. The all thread should stick out 1 or 2 inches. Screw the washer onto the all thread and when it is tight super glue it to the inside of the door knob cover. Then drill a hole in the wall and insert the remaining exposed all thread. Screw the door knob cover in place with the screws from the package.

Video of this is soon to come.

There now you have beautiful shabby curtain tie backs.



My Romantic Home









3 comments:

  1. Please post your video and let me know at stewartnpegi@sbcglobal.net I have the knobs my grandmother removed from the home my father was raised in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!. Sun Protection Costa Blanca Murcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! Decor Trends

    ReplyDelete