Sunday, August 11, 2013

YES their is a Santa Clause and you Can PAINT fabric and leather!

First you start with a great piece of furniture.  I found this chair at a estate sale. I loved the curvature of the back of the chair. It seemed to wrap itself around you when you sat in it-like a great big hug. 
What I didn't love was the lime green and mustard yellow upholstery fabric. 
I found this textile medium and my color of paint, mixed them together 2 parts textile medium to my paint and began painting on the fabric a light coat of paint. It took two coats. 
So here is the result. They turned out fabulous! The fabric is not stiff either.
As you can see this fabric had a raised design which just gave the painted fabric a bit more depth. I didn't plan that it was just a pleasant turn of events.
I use these chairs also when I am entertaining on the deck for dinner parties.  I rather enjoyed this project so it was time for another chair to find to paint. Check back for my next post on painting leather with chalk paint. I may never upholster again. 

1 comment: