Monday, August 20, 2012

A Pleasurable Location made from PALLETS and a WONDERFUL HUSBAND






      Well this all started back in April or May but I had a grand idea to build a deck for some private dining so I would have a place to put my 3 door privacy panel that my husband made for me.  I wanted to create ambiance and make it very romantic

      Here is my inspiration photo for the 3 door screen and table, which was my reason for building a small deck.



        Here is my 3 door panel made from old doors sitting in our garage.  I added a mirror and sconces to each of the paneled doors (you can' t see them in this picture but I will post another picture of these door panels at a later time)


 
As we started to lay out the pallets to build this deck for this 
dining area something happened. 







We decided to go BIGGER. 

 -to use the entire area of the backyard rather than just one corner area.  Laying the pallets out in different forms and designs took us awhile.
                                                                                           






  
        Once the configurations for the pallets were all laid out we began decking.  This took awhile as my husband, TAC had to make many cuts and line the wood up so the decking would be staggered for structural function but also so it would be pleasing to the eye.  I can tell you screwing in screws every foot eventually wears on your back.
 
 

















       Then as time went by and we used the deck for a couple of parties (even though it wasn't finished) and we realized that we could use some more pallets to build a seating area at one end of deck for nights when we felt like entertaining.  



 I will now need to get to sewing pillows and adding some decorative charms.  I could not have done it without my amazing husband.  He is so incredible I even have a board on pinterest just for him entitled "THINGS FOR TAC TO MAKE"

Well gotta get busy sewing and taking more pictures to get this finished before it gets to cold outside to enjoy it!

THANK YOU WONDERFUL HUSBAND!!!! HUGS and KISSES

No comments:

Post a Comment